Is your healthcare facility in the process of choosing a Managed IT Services provider? Well, there's a lot to take into consideration. From the level of support to specific services, it's critical to do some advanced research and take your time before making the final decision.
What Do You Need?
Everyone knows that shopping without a list is a bad call—you end up with a bunch of things you don't need and forget the ones you do. When you're looking at potential Managed IT Services providers, a list of must-haves and wants is essential. Here's a look at some of the specific categories that often fall under the umbrella of Managed IT Services.
- Managed Print Services—As a document-intensive industry, the healthcare sector has much to gain from the cost and productivity-saving solutions offered by a Managed Print Services partnership.
- Network Monitoring—Allowing professionals to monitor your network for efficiency, install updates and patches, and stay on top of threats is the responsible choice in light of ongoing cyber attacks.
- Corporate Compliance—Protecting patient health information is a 24/7/365 responsibility. Look for Managed IT Services providers offering around-the-clock monitoring and tools to improve the way your team handles information.
- Mobile Device Management—The healthcare sector is on track to go mobile, right along with the rest of the world. A mobile device strategy that covers both COPE and BYOD employees is a must to ensure information security.
- Disaster Recovery—Your responsibility to protect patient records doesn't end when disaster strikes. Disaster recovery services ensure your ability to access critical patient information, even if your network goes down following an unforeseen event.
There's much more to gain than the services we've outlined above. To find out more about our Managed IT Services strategies, contact us at Function4 today!